The Ross Bandstand is an open-air theatre
which is situated in West Princes Street Gardens under the
majestic Edinburgh Castle which provides a magnificent backdrop.
First built in 1877 and gifted to the
city by William Henry Ross Chairman of the Distillers Company
Ltd. The Bandstand and terraced area were developed in 1935
and has since played host to many rock, pop and brass bands,
plays, orchestras and classical concerts over the years. It is
mainly used during the Edinburgh Festival and it hosts large
concents at Edinburgh's famous New Year celebrations.